Have you ever tried to dust an area of the home that you don’t access often? Chances are that you were a little surprised (and possibly grossed out) by what you found. The same can apply to your ductwork. Over the months and years spent using your air conditioner and heater, a large amount of debris can end up settling in your ductwork. But this isn’t something you can handle with a simple microfiber cloth.
Dirty ductwork can become a pretty big problem. That is why it is worthwhile to reach out for air duct cleaning in New Bern, NC when you start noticing that there are airflow problems in the house. This service can address whatever is built up in your ductwork so you can enjoy optimal comfort.
“What Is In My Ductwork?”
Out of sight and out of mind doesn’t mean that your ductwork can’t run into trouble. Over time, debris and contaminants can find their way into your ductwork and create problems for your HVAC system and for your comfort. Here are just some of the things that may be found in dirty ductwork:
- Dust: After a few years, you’ll have a thick layer of dust lining the interior of your ductwork.
- Pollen: Small pollen spores can get into your home and your ductwork.
- Fur and Hair: You and your furry friend both shed and that can get into your ducts.
- Plant Debris: Bits of leaves and other plats debris can find their way into your ductwork too.
- Animal and Insect Debris: Maybe its a wing or a bit of a nest or even an outer shell. There is plenty that can get into your ducts that is left behind by small critters.
- Mold Spores: Mold spores travel through the air and settle in your ducts and in other areas of your home.
How To Tell You Have Dirty Ductwork
Note that we keep saying “over time.” This is because dirt and debris can carry through your air on a regular day without really creating problems from your ductwork immediately. After a year or two however, that debris will collect to a level that will cause it to create problems for your home. These are the warning signs to watch for:
- Reduced airflow
- Increased dust around the house
- Increased allergy symptoms
- Mold growth around vents
When you start to have trouble with the condition of your air quality, your ductwork is one of the places to check. Dirty ductwork can do a lot to hinder your home comfort. If bad enough, it can even reduce your HVAC system efficiency and effectiveness.
This is why our team provides ductwork cleaning services. With our help, you can get the debris removed from your ducts so it won’t cause any problems. What’s more, our expert team members will get this job done without causing harm to your ductwork or allowing excess debris to enter your home.
Improve your home comfort today. Contact Airtech Mechanical Services, Inc. to schedule an appointment and Get The Airtech Advantage.