It would be wonderful if you could have the ability to sense if and when something was wrong with your air conditioner. That way you’d be able to call in an expert technician the instant something popped up before it escalated into a more expensive problem. Sadly, you don’t have this ability–but we can help get you a little closer.
Sometimes your air conditioner needs help but you may not realize it or, if you do, you may not know whether you need to repair it or replace the system entirely. We are here to help provide some clarity on these concerns–along with the services to get your AC running properly again.
4 Signs You Need To Schedule Repairs
Think you might need to schedule an AC repair in Kinston, NC? Here are some signs that you definitely do:
- There is a leak in the AC: There is more than one potential cause from this. It could be that the condensate drain has become clogged or it could be that there is a leak in your refrigerant line. In any case, you need repairs to address the source of the leak.
- There is weak airflow: Your air conditioner is supposed to be able to provide a strong flow of air into the house. If the airflow is weaker than usual, and an air filter change does not improve it, then you need to schedule repairs.
- The system is short cycling: Turning on and then shutting off in short spurts isn’t a normal pattern. In fact, it is highly stressful to your AC system. Make sure to get short cycling addressed ASAP.
- Energy bills are increasing: Your energy bills can be a great sounding board to warn you when something is amiss in your AC. If you are seeing unexplained spikes it is a good idea to get your system checked.
4 Signs You Need to Replace Your AC
In some cases, repairs aren’t enough and your AC unit will need to be replaced. No system lasts forever! Here’s how to tell yours needs to retire.
- Your system is 10 to 15 years old, or more: The average air conditioner is likely to last between 10 to 15 years before needing to be replaced. It may last a little longer but that extra time is best spent finding a new system.
- The system can’t coold anything anymore: Have you noticed that your system can’t cool the air anymore? If the AC has lost the ability to cool the air, then it needs to be replaced.
- Repairs have gotten more expensive: You shouldn’t be encountering egregiously expensive AC repairs. If the repair bill is half or more of what it would cost to get a new system, it is better to just get the new system.
- Repairs have become more frequent: Frequency is another indicator of the need for a new system. Needing repairs once or more a year is far too many.
Is something wrong with your AC? Let us help! Contact Airtech Mechanical Services, Inc. to get the service you need. Get The Airtech Advantage.