You can have the most powerful air conditioner ever and it won’t do any good if it needs to be repaired. If the AC in your home has an issue that is impacting its ability to do its job, your home won’t be able to stay cool no matter how much you run the unit. What’s more, you will end up with higher energy bills overall if you try to use a malfunctioning AC.
If you need air conditioning repair in New Bern, NC you will want to get it taken care of sooner than later by a professional. The question is, how do you know you need repairs before you are uncomfortable? We can help you figure it out and provide you with the proper solutions to get things running properly again.
How to Tell You Need AC Repairs
When your AC unit needs repairs it is best to get things taken care of right away. Here are some of the indicators that will alert you to a problem in your system so you know when to contact us:
- The system has started to make odd noises: Aside from the whoosh of air from your system, you shouldn’t hear much noise from your AC when it is running. If, however, you are hearing noises that concern you such as rattling, clanging, screeching, whistling, or hissing, you will want to contact a professional to get your system assessed. These noises are usually indicators of a proble in the system.
- You’ve noticed the airflow from one or more vents is weaker: Make sure to take stock of the airflow throughout your home. If there is weaker airflow coming from one or more vents in your home, this isn’t normal. It may be an indicator of a problem within your ductwork or an issue with your system’s fans. You want to address weakened airflow fast though–it can create bigger problems the longer it goes on.
- There are hot spots around the house: When you walk into certain rooms in your home do you notice that one or two are warmer than the others? There are known as “hot spots” and they are created by problems within your AC that hinder the delivery of cool air. Get repairs to get your home’s temperature even again.
- Your energy bills are on the rise: While energy bills fluctuate a bit based on the use of your AC, there shouldn’t be big leaps in your monthly dues. If you see large increases, it is likely due to a repair need that is making things harder on your AC.
- The AC is short cycling: Short cycling refers to when your AC starts up a cooling cycle and shuts off before it completes the full cycle. This is very hard on your system and does almost nothing for your comfort level. Make sure to reach out for help if you notice this issue in your AC.
These are just some of the common indictors that will pop up to alert you to a repair need in your air conditioner. No matter what the problem is, you will want to reach out to a professional team to get things working again. That’s what our team is here for!
Get The Airtech Advantage. Contact Airtech Mechanical Services, Inc. for your next AC repair. We provide 24/7 emergency services too!