Would you want your air conditioner to barely operate all while costing you more money than ever? It is the opposite of what anybody would want. That is why we encourage everyone to reach out to us for maintenance and repairs for their air conditioning in New Bern, NC. Our services can help keep your AC running as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Along with this though, we also want to equip you with the best practices that you can use on an average day to optimize your system efficiency and your comfort too. Read on to learn about some additional tips to get the most out of your air conditioner this year.
5 Ways to Get the Best From Your AC This Summer
Make sure to incorporate some of these best practices into your day-to-day lifestyle this summer. These habits can help you feel more comfortable without using extra energy.
- Keep doors and windows closed. A breath of fresh air is nice but we’d still suggest keeping doors and windows closed throughout the day. This keeps the hot air out and the cool air in. As you might expect this can help keep your home more comfortable without straining your AC.
- Address air leaks. Keeping doors and windows closed is vital to your comfort. So is addressing air leaks around these areas. Small leaks around a door can let a lot of heat into the house, making your air conditioner’s job that much harder. Don’t let this happen! Check for air leaks around your doors and windows so you can address them with either weatherstripping or caulk.
- Raise the temperature on the thermostat. We know it may sound strange but raising the temperature even a few degrees can make a huge difference in your energy usage. Rather than a setting of 68, try setting the temperature to 72. This can still keep you comfortable while lowering the demand on your AC immensely and keeping your energy usage lower too.
- Use your fans. Using a fan doesn’t actually cool down the room but it can help you feel cooler. And when you feel cooler, you may be able to increase the temperature on the thermostat and reduce the demand on your AC. This can lower the strain on the system which uses less energy and even less wear and tear.
- Change out the air filter. The air filter in your HVAC unit can get incredibly dirty over time. Leaving a clogged filter in your system can increase strain and energy draw in your AC unit. Make sure to set a reminder to change out your system filter every one to three months. This ensures that the airflow into your system is strong and will help your AC perform optimally.
Doing what you can on a regular basis to ensure that things are simple for your AC is a great way to stay comfortable at a reasonable cost. Beyond this though, you should never hesitate to reach out to the professionals on our team in order to get maintenance or repairs that will keep your system in proper working order.
Get The Airtech Advantage: Schedule your air conditioning services with Airtech Mechanical Services, Inc.