If you are a bit skeptical about the idea of heat pumps, we understand. They can seem pretty different from AC, sometimes to the point of seeming too good to be true. However, we can promise you that heat pumps are really as great as they seem.
If you are considering a new Washington, NC HVAC system then a heat pump may be great for you. And there are multiple reasons why this could be the case.
Not sure if a heat pump is a good investment? Here are some reasons why these systems are a great deal for homeowners throughout the area.
What Makes Heat Pumps Unique
Heat pumps operate on the science of moving heat. This doesn’t sound too different until you discover that they can do this in the summer and the winter. That’s right, this one system can serve you as both an air conditioner and a heater.
The heat pump mini split has the ability to reverse its flow of refrigerant, allowing it to perform year-round. If you are in the market for both an AC and a heater, then a heat pump is actually going to be a system that you should absolutely consider.
The Benefits That Heat Pump Mini Splits Offer
So we’ve established that heat pumps have some unique offerings. With these come the benefits that can make them the perfect match for you:
- Energy savings: Heat pumps are well known for being highly energy efficient. These systems can cool (or heat) a home in both an effective and efficient way. This is especially great news in the winter because the lack of a need to create heat translates to a large amount of energy savings.
- Space savings: Heat pump mini splits live up the the “mini” in the name. The indoor unit of the system comes in the form of an air handler which is usually much smaller than the indoor unit of a standard split system air conditioner. Additionally, since heat pumps can both heat and cool your home, they cut down on the amount of space needed for home comfort systems overall.
- Year-round comfort: We touched on this a little above but this benefit is a big deal. Since heat pumps can move heat both in and out of your home, they can provide you with comfort year-round. This means you don’t have to worry about burning fuel in the winter to heat your home and you can enjoy a more compact cooling system.
Is a Heat Pump Right For You?
We can talk about how great heat pump systems are but this doesn’t always mean they are right for every home. Here are some of the signs that you may want to consider this system for your home:
- You need both an AC and a heater for your home.
- You are looking to save money and space.
- You prefer not to use natural gas for your heating needs.
Other factors can come into play of course. The great part though is that you don’t have to worry about figuring everything out yourself. Instead, you can talk with a professional technician from our team to find out if a heat pump is right for you.