Summer and the heat it is well known for is here! Now is the time when you want to be absolutely sure that your air conditioner is ready to perform its best. You may be wondering if there is anything that you can do to help ensure that your AC is operating in the best condition possible.
While we don’t encourage anyone to try to tune-up or repair their air conditioner on their own, there is one task that we advise each and every individual make into a habit to ensure they get the most from their AC unit. That task is changing the air filter in your Kinston, NC HVAC system.
Let’s look at why changing your HVAC system air filter on a regular basis is so important.
Your HVAC filter is made to protect…your HVAC system!
The filter within your unit is meant to prevent dust, pollen, and other debris from entering your HVAC system. Whether that is your air conditioner, heat pump, or even your heater in the wintertime. Yes, this means that changing your system filter is something that you’ll want to make a habit of all year long.
A clean system filter is going to ensure that the airflow entering your HVAC system is going to stay clean and strong. Clean air is easier to cool and will create fewer issues throughout the season. Likewise, when the airflow is strong, it is easier for your AC to cool your home throughout the day.
The Benefits of Regular Filter Changes
While your system filter may not seem as important as, say, a blower motor belt or your refrigerant line, you should still give it some attention. Keeping a good, clean filter in place can have long-lasting benefits that may include:
- Better HVAC system performance: Clean and steady airflow into your system is exactly what it needs to do its job optimally.
- Better system efficiency: When your system is able to access a steady supply of air without a hassle, it won’t have to eat up extra energy to provide comfort to the rest of the home.
- Reduced repair risks: A dirty air filter can actually create a good amount of trouble for your HVAC system. Changing your air filter regularly helps minimize the risk of repair needs developing.
Steps to Change Your HVAC Filter
If you haven’t already made a habit of changing out your air filter, we’d advise taking note of the steps below so you can add this task to your regular to-do list.
- Step 1. Locate your return air duct. This is where the filter will be. If you need help finding this filter, you can always talk to a technician to help you locate it.
- Step 2. Remove your dirty air filter. Be careful when doing this to avoid dumping excess debris in your home.
- Step 3. Clean or change out your filter. If you have a reusable filer, follow the directions to clean it and put it back in place. If it is disposable, put the new filter in the return duct and properly dispose of the old one.
Whether you need help with your air filter or you need a full system repair, you can always rely on the team at Airtech Mechanical Services, Inc to help you. Get The Airtech Advantage and schedule your appointment for service today.